Recyled Car Parts ‘Rustic Dentist’
Featured at NOVICA, in association with National Geographic
Original Iron Statuette Recyled Car Parts Mexico, ‘Rustic Dentist’
Working in his hi-tech office, a dentist leans thoughtfully over his patient. Armando Ramírez creates a whimsical sculpture made from recycled bicycle and automobile parts.
- Free Gift Wrap From Mexico
- Gift Message Card
- Artist Story Card
- HAPPY ARTISANS – Fair prices, no binding contracts, and the freedom to make a success of their craft by building a sustainable business.
- HAPPY CUSTOMERS – Unique handmade products, great value, and the joy of helping to nurture and elevate the craft of global artisans.
- A GLOBAL MARKETPLACE – Artisans from around the world (many living in rural communities) don’t have the means to sell their work on the international market. NOVICA gives them a free platform to do this, and reach customers on a global scale.
- REGIONAL SUPPORT – Our teams of local art experts based in every region, provide artisans with all the backup they need. From product development advice, to quality control assistance, we are there to make their listing process as smooth as possible.
- DETAILED ARTISAN PROFILES – If you’re like us, you care about who you’re buying from, and who you’re supporting. This is why we go out of our way to capture the real artisan story. On every product page you’ll find a portrait and detailed biography of each artist.
ABOUT THIS ARTIST
- Specialty: Recycled metal sculptures
- Time with NOVICA: 10 years 5 months
“As a child I enjoyed inventing toys, and soon yearned to create a unique style of art. Environmentally enamored, I now transform recycled goods.”
“Hi, I’m Armando Ramírez. All my life, I’ve lived in a town of artisans, and this has motivated me to create new art. As a child I enjoyed inventing toys, and soon yearned to create a unique style of art. Environmentally enamored, I now transform recycled goods.”
“At first, little by little, I began to craft figures from scraps and discarded mechanical parts – mostly from cars and bicycles. And so I began to create sculptures, soldering the pieces together and giving them shape as I imagined they should look. The process involves selecting recycled items that can be used. I separate them and soak them in a cleaning solution to remove any impurities. I solder them together until I achieve my design, then I give it a protective coat of glossy varnish. My sculptures are so successful that today I sell only my own works. They are rustic in nature, designed to recycle discarded objects by converting them into art. Thanks to the creativity that God gave me, today I have an enjoyable and better way of life.
“Because I believed and I put my trust in Novica and the people working there, I was able to formalize my craft and give continuity to something that was becoming a dream too difficult to achieve. Great and significant changes came to my life! Novica helped me take the last steps towards consolidating my workshop. Now I can plan projects because I have the financial stability to do so as well as enlarge my workshop so I may offer people in my community safe employment opportunities.
“Most importantly, I can buy the little presents I had long promised my two daughters! The financial solvency and the self-assurance I have gained from knowing that people around the world have accepted my work, has inspired me to learn more about art. I have enrolled in an art school where I can learn more about design and materials, because I know I am capable of discovering new recycling techniques I can share with the world.”